Updated: February 14, 2017
The 5 Best Hotels in Downtown Seattle
Centrally located near Pike Place Market, and across from Seattle Art Museum. Plush and spacious guest rooms and suites, stunning views. Full spa, and beautiful heated outdoor infinity pool overlooking Puget Sound.
Seattle’s premier boutique hotel, located within Pike Place Market and surrounded by amazing restaurants. Fantastic views, large rooms, and sophistication in the heart of the tourist scene.
Seattle’s newest and most modern hotel. Floor to ceiling windows, sweeping water and mountain views to the west. Contemporary and stylish with a fantastic rooftop bar. Steps from Pike Place Market.
Opulent, elegant, and traditional; surrounded by great shopping. Luxurious suites, a beautiful fitness center, and a glass-enclosed pool with outdoor terrace. Afternoon tea service and two fantastic restaurants on site.
5. Alexis Hotel
Casually elegant hotel in an excellent downtown location near all major attractions. Stylish and spacious guest rooms, incredible specialty suites, and daily wine hour. Pet and family-friendly.
Downtown Seattle Hotels
|Four Seasons||Seattle Art Museum, Pike Place Market||$$$$|
|Inn At The Market||Pike Place Market||$$$|
|Thompson Seattle||Pike Place Market||$$$|
|Alexis Hotel||Seattle Art Museum||$$$|
|Hyatt Olive 8||Shopping, Convention Center||$$$|
|Grand Hyatt||Shopping, Convention Center||$$$|
|Hotel Andra||Shopping, Restaurants||$$$|
|The Palladian||Pike Place Market||$$$|
|Hotel 1000||Seattle Art Museum||$$$|
|Hotel Vintage||Financial District||$$$|
|The Arctic Club||Pioneer Square, Stadiums||$$$|
|Sheraton Seattle||Shopping, Convention Center||$$$|
|Renaissance Seattle||Financial District||$$$|
|Courtyard Seattle||Pioneer Square, Stadiums||$$$|
|Mayflower Park Hotel||Shopping, Pike Place Market||$$|
|The Warwick||Shopping, Restaurants||$$|
|Paramount Seattle||Shopping, Convention Center||$$|
|Crowne Plaza||Financial District||$$|
|Ace Hotel||Restaurants, Nightlife||$$|
|Moore Hotel||Pike Place Market, Nightlife||$$|
|Best Western Plus||Pioneer Square, Stadiums||$$|
Seattle Downtown Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Pike Place Market is the heart of downtown Seattle. In general, the closer your hotel is to Pike Place the better located you are.
- The best shopping is northeast of the market. This is where you’ll find Pacific Place Mall and most of the boutique and luxury chain stores.
- There are many trendy clubs and top notch restaurants both in the market and in the half-dozen blocks northwest of the market – an area called Belltown.
- Pioneer Square is south of the market and home to clubs and sports bars. Beyond it is the International District and just beyond that are the two sports stadiums for the Seahawks, Mariners, and Sounders. All of this area is walkable from downtown and Pike Place Market.
- The waterfront looks close to downtown and Pike Place Market but it’s cut off from the center by a freeway and plenty of steps. It’s not difficult to walk from the waterfront to downtown but it can still feel like a hassle. Much better to stay in downtown proper.
- Getting to the Space Needle and Seattle Center can take a bit of a hike from some points downtown. To give your feet a rest, hop on the Seattle Monorail at Westlake Center – it’ll take you right there.